With just 3 weeks left in the semester,
- I am so ready for this hybrid teaching situation to be over.
- I am so ready to NOT be "chained" to my laptop screen in order to teach both in-person and digital students simultaneously.
- I am so ready to be mobile again in order to interact with students, instead of being 100% stationary behind my desk.
- I am so ready to be "teaching to the eyes" again, because quite honestly in this hybrid situation, I have NO clue what students (especially Zoom students) are understanding and not understanding.
- I am so ready to tell a story to students in the target language, to have them act it out, to ask them questions, and to do PQA's AND to move around when I do all of that.
- I am so ready to NOT have to rely completely 100% on digital assignments and activities in order to accommodate both in-person and digital assignments at the same time.
- I am so ready to finally get to know my students personally and to learn of their interests and strengths and for them to get to know me.
- I am so ready to do face-to-face interactive activities with students again which Covid, Zoom, and hybrid-teaching have made impossible.
- I am so ready for my classroom to be arranged like it was pre-Covid and not be spaced out in the way which it is now where I feel like students are so distant from me.
- I am so ready to not be teaching wearing a mask which I feel so impedes my level of communication and comprehensibility.
I also understand that this time will eventually come. I just need to be patient.