- Create a document with categories, such as nouns, adjectives, verbs, places, etc. and fill those categories with learned target vocabulary. 4-6 words per category are good.
Directions - Day 1
- Project “Invisibles Choices” on screen.
- Tell students to pick 1-2 words from each category to create a picture. I suggest that students draw in pen (not marker), because pencil does not always show up well when scanned or when a picture is taken of it
- Have students turn in pictures to you.
Directions - Days 2 and 3
- Take pictures of 3-4 pictures with your camera phone or scan them. and transfer pics to a ppt slide.
- Have students grab a whiteboard, marker, and rag.
- Pick a picture and read description of picture in the target language.
- Have students draw what they think they are hearing.
- Ask students to show you their pictures. Pick a few to show the class and describe in Latin.
- Project actual picture on screen.
- Begin again with a new picture.
- Because there was choice in what words students could draw, there are lots of different combinations.
- It is always fun to see students begin to realize that you are describing their pictures - a sense of pride comes over them!
- It is a great warmup or brain break activity done over 2-3 days, and it is a very easy listening comprehension activity.