Friday, May 31, 2024

Immediate Immersion - Scott Benedict

I have been out for summer break now for a week, but I am still in somewhat of an academic mode as I transition to summer. One of the major changes which I wish to make to my CI/ADI classroom next year surrounds truly grading in a proficiency-based manner, and I was already familiar with this concept through working with Acquisition Boot Camp with Martina Bex and Elicia Cardenas. Since I am still reflecting about how this past school year went, I was wanting to see how others in the CI/ADI community were implementing proficiency-based grading. I came across Scott Benedict's Immediate Immersion channel on YouTube - wow, he has SO many videos here for the CI/ADI classroom on so many different topics and so many types of videos (short, regular length, lengthy live sessions). I have been viewing a number of them, and I am learning so much. Plus, because I am now on summer break, I can view them at my own leisure and not be distracted by a work-mode mindset.

I encourage you to take a look at his playlist - lots of good stuff presented! Also, check out his website and course offerings. If you are unable to attend a CI/ADI conference either online or in-person, this is some really good professional development!

No comments:

Post a Comment