It is very simple to do - simply print free coloring books pages from various websites, and put out the pages with crayons, colored pencils, and markers for students to use after they finish their exam. Below are some sites which I use to print coloring book pages:
Crayola - a treasure trove of pages, including Disney
Coloring Pages - LOTS of different categories
- This really does keep students quiet after they finish their exams, because it gives them something to do.
- The first time I did this, I thought for sure only a handful of students would do it, but I found that most students wanted to color!
- I usually print up 3-4 copies of the same pages so that students have access to the pages. The first time i did this, I only printed one of each page, and students were mad that there was only ONE picture of Belle and that it had been taken already.
- Students rarely have the chance in school to just color, so this is something which they enjoy doing. I have found that the guys really get into coloring!
- After students finish coloring their pages, they can put their "work of art" on my board for all to see.
I have already been asked a number of times this week by students if I will have coloring pages available after they finish their exams - they are ready!