- Warm up - project ppt slide of various animals and ask questions in Latin about "which animal .....?" (powerpoint, script)
- Dictatio - short version of the original passage (dictatio script, dictatio ppt to project)
- Complete dictatio as needed
- Review dictatio passage through choral reading
- Play multiple rounds of Socrative review (Space Race) of dictatio passage - directions:
a) importing quiz into your own list of Socrative quizzes - the SOC code # is SOC-25027325
- Read/Draw/Discuss of the dictatio passage
- Complete Read/Draw/Discuss as needed
- Timed write using Read/Draw
- I really liked this passage which Bob wrote, because it gave students an understanding of why particular pets were more favorable to the Romans than others.I actually learned a lot from the passage.
- When doing the dictatio, due to the constant repetitions of phrases, I actually had students predicting aloud what the next words/phrases were going to be as I was reading it aloud. Yep, CI works!
- By the time students got to the full reading, most found it to be quite easy to read due to having the foundation of the earlier embedded reading.